Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich


My "Rock God Opera" script is an homage to the famous Greek legend of Orpheus.

I've updated the ancient myth to modern times, envisioning the Underworld to be populated by dead rock stars. One of the most famous is Elvis.

In Dante's "Inferno," Hell is divided into several "rings," one of which is the Hell of the Gluttons.

In my world, Elvis is the leader of the Gluttons, who are cannibals that feed on failed rock stars. The song he sings to Orpheus is darkly satirical:

"I’M GONNA BROIL AND BAKE YOU
I’M GONNA SAUTE YOU
YOU’RE A USDA CHOICE FAILURE
YOU’RE A T-BONE LOSER
YOU THINK YOU CAN
LIE CHEAT STEAL WHEN YOU WANT
WELL I TELL YA THAT’S NOT THE CASE
YOU’RE A RED-BLOODED SINNER
STRAIGHT THROUGH TO THE BONE
YOU’RE NOTHIN’ TO ME BUT DEAD MEAT
YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN’
I’M GONNA THROW YOUR ASS
RIGHT IN THE OVEN"

No comments: