Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Academy for New Musical Theatre

For several years, I have been a member of the David Henry Hwang Writers Institute, writing dramatic plays. In 2006, I wrote "Rock God Opera," my first musical. My classmate Alison DeLaCruz told me about ANMT, where she was workshopping a "Dream Girls"-style musical commissioned by East West Players.

Intrigued, I checked the place out, and have been with the Academy for New Musical Theatre for about a year now. It's a place of incredible energy and creativity, where I've met and collaborated with several very talented composers and lyricists.

Here's a pic of me onstage with some of my colleagues from ANMT. Just recently, we presented a series of projects at the Colony Theatre.

(for more info on ANMT, click on the link in the upper right hand corner of this blog)

No comments: