Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Odyssea


The problem with working on studio films/shows, is you spend all your time designing a corporate product. You get used to all kinds of rules and regulations. This time around, I'm hoping to take a more organic approach to the next milestone, which falls about the beginning of October. If I can stick to the image-a-day idea, and explore some visuals for "Rock God Opera," hopefully I'll come up with enough material to put together a sketchbook with Mindy Lee. Emphasis on, "sketch" book. I think that for this past Comicon, I was too literal with the artwork--breaking down the script, drafting up scenes, etc. This should be more fun than that! After all, when you are designing your dream project, an artist should be free to work whatever way feels most intuitive.

No comments: